Sunday, May 20, 2012

you sit there in in your undone tshirt, dirty hair dangling limply past your nipples. Chipped red polish adorns trembling fingertips and i stare at your tiny hands in silent agony.
Dirty pretty little thing.
You were so out of touch, so revered. I put you on a pedestool, my god, i worshipped you.

You stare in the mirror, agonising over the size of your thighs. I have to sit on my hands so i won't grab you and run my fingers over every inch of your tiny self.
It hurts that i can't open your eyes. You stare at yourself so intently, raking critical gazes over every inch of your unblemished skin. I want to grab you by the shoulders and shake you until you cry.

pale, coral pout. Pretty snub nose. Smattering of freckles dancing prettily across your cheekbones.
You light a cigarette and i cry quietly into my pillow at night.
i thought you were invincible.

Absent mindedly twirling an auburn lock around your finger, we both pretend we don't notice the strands come easily undone, fluttering uselessly to the floor. Your bottom lip trembles.

i reach out and kiss it.

You lie there unblinking and now it's my lip that trembles.
pourquoi

No comments:

Post a Comment