Friday, April 13, 2012

it starts out so minor, so insignificant.
Tiny shards of glass that rain down upon your skin upon a loss, a heartache, a goodbye.
Tiny insignificant shards of glass that over time slowly splinter their way through your flesh, stabbing your soul and wounding your spirit.'
You stand there and you smile, feelings painted on skin, cheery grin pasted from one broken cheek to the other. Open me up.

One quick smile from you and invisible ropes snake around my throat, twisted tongues leaving wet trails of inadequacy and self loathing from my earlobe to my collarbone.
reminders.
One tug of the rope and i could fall into an endless hole in the earth. I taunt you to push me in, to pull that rope with all that you have. I beg and i whine and i taunt and i dare and all i want more than anything in the whole goddamn world is for you to push me into that fucking hole and never give me the chance to try and stop you.
i know you wouldn't though.
If i thought you actually would, i wouldn't ask.

2 comments: