Tuesday, May 11, 2010

dream a little dream of me. remember the spindly legged girl with the stupid daisy chain weaved as a crown around her head? i'm walking alone this time, nobody on the sidelines, no little house to crawl towards in my deepest moments of misery. music bubbles underneath me, spinning out in ribbons everytime my feet hit the gravel, like a creek beneath the world, somehow taking me with it. There is only so long you can play the pretence game, but i'm doing my best to drag it out now. sweet slides on my stereo, sugar coated dreams above my pillow, well i have a small habit of falling into wonderland when i can't face the sky above me now. You remember me right? i always have to ask, you know. i'm impossible to forget, but kind of hard to remember. the music below makes me dizzy, it's more like a pounding now. a sea of sounds of voices. a language that seems like english, i think i understand, and then i realise it means nothing to me. put me in the outsider box, at least there's no pretending games. cobbled streets and dark roads, i'm finally back where i belong, walking these empty pathways. once again i am alone, never someone by my side, always always alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment